Fashion

A kilt is an undeniably male garment. One of the few male garments left in the world these days.
There's a lot of male bashing these days. Anything that's purely male is frowned upon and labeled as unsightly.
Kilts, for some reason, are an exception to this.

What's a fella to do?
I wore a pair of grey sweat shorts to go play catch with my son today. When we got to the park, I took off my tee shirt in the hopes of tanning my "lily white belly." (I used quotes because that was said to me the other day ... in the spirit of a friendly challenge, of course.)
I've lost a lot of weight in the past few years but I'm not lean, yet. I just don't care what people think of me anymore.
It was very refreshing to go shirtless, to feel the sun on my skin, the wind whispering through my back hair.
That's right; back hair.
"Back hair! Eeeeewwwww!"
Shaddap!
I'm 50 and hairy. It's called being a man and I won't apologise for it, any more than a woman should apologise for having boobs.
Guys are hairier than women. That's just the way it is. It's not gross, or nasty, or eeeewwwww! It's only thought of as gross because society has taken such a feminine turn lately.
Burt Reynolds is a hairy guy. So are Tom Selleck, Chuck Norris, and yes ... Sean Connery. All sex symbols.
It's not the hair that's objectionable on the average, non sex symbol guy. It's the maleness.

Real men wear kilts. A lot of us don't feel the need to shave anything but our faces, if we even choose to shave those. It's not macho, or defensive, or defiant. It's biology or it's a preference.
How could the biology of one half of the human race be gross when the other half is all about beauty?
Beats me. Things are getting hairy around here.

It's about living naturally for me. Fashion is not my interest.
I have hair on my body. I'm starting to treat my body better with diet and exercise. I choose to wear a kilt.
I do these things because I feel better, more naturally myself, when I do them.
Why on Earth would anyone think maleness is repugnant? Or femaleness, for that matter?
Aesthetics? The anti-male aesthetic has been growing since the start of the women's liberation movement. More and more guys are shaving, not just their backs, but their entire bodies, because women keep telling them that they prefer 'smooth' men.

Whenever someone is grossed out by any large group of people for reasons that go against nature, it says a hell of a lot more about the person who is grossed out than the person behaving naturally ... and about that society.
We're all subject to unnatural societal likes and dislikes. I happen to prefer women with shaved legs because it was ingrained in me throughout my life. I understand that. But I also like bushy eyebrows.
That's a preference I can't explain.

Popular posts from this blog

Hey! New Guy!

Blog moving day