Ironikilty

There is a double standard, even among those who go kilted, that is generally accepted as a good double standard. It has to do with proper accessorization of kilts.
On the bus to work today, I noticed a man in a black suit wearing brown shoes.
"Never get away with that in a kilt," I thought. Then I mentally slapped my own face.
All day I've been seeing guys 'dressed up' in suits, committing horrible gaffs in their wardrobe choices - and nobody cares!
Put on a kilt though, and every stranger on the street feels the need to point out that your shoes don't match your sporran, or one sock is higher than the other by half an inch. And the people who comment invariably have a glaring fashion faux pas to throw back at them.

I'm also told by the kilted community that I am representing all those others who are wearing kilts, so if I'm rude to someone, it reflects badly on the kilted. WTF is with that?
My worry is that people will start to think of men in kilts, not as real men, but as those guys who can be insulted without consequence. Milquetoasts. Dressy metrosexuals.

People in or out of kilts want you to think, act, and dress the way THEY think you should think, act, and dress.

You get a crash course in control when you start wearing a kilt all the time. It almost always leads to more self control for the guy in a kilt.

Popular posts from this blog

Hey! New Guy!

Blog moving day