Cool Old Couple

I'm standing at a red light, waiting for green. I'm wearing a MacBitseach Grizzly Cut kilt, black fleece jacket, runners and white socks pushed down.
An elderly couple crossing the other way notices my kilt and stops.
"Well, you look great!" he says.
"I'm not very dressy today." I shrugged.
"You get dressy for the Queen and she's not here. My brother was in the Black Watch in WWII. He wore his kilt home and my mother called it a skirt. Well sir, he almost killed her!" He smiled, remembering.
Then the light changed and we said a quick goodbye. I looked back at them from across the street and he gave me one of those Burt Lancaster waves.
There's just not enough time to stop and talk to all the people you'd like to talk to.

Popular posts from this blog

Hey! New Guy!

Well, that's embarrassing!

The Bear