Homogeneous

Kilted MacBitseach
It was the standard morning routine; catch the bus, the usual assortment of looks ranging from surprise to unflapped, from amusement to annoyance.
I'm lucky this morning. I get a decent seat where I can people watch those on the bus and still have a view out the window.
I noticed two people get on the bus at the same stop. One was a young, short, stocky white guy. The other was an old, short, stocky Chinese woman. The similarities didn't end there.
They were wearing the exact same clothes! Both wore baggy blujeans, grey hooded sweatshirts, blue jackets and white sneakers. The jackets weren't identical but with the hoods up, it would have been impossible to tell them apart.
Is this what our society has come to? Are we so lacking in individuality that people of both genders, all ages, and all cultures can exchange clothes without anyone being the wiser?
I prefer seeing a woman dressed in clothes that accentuate womanliness and I prefer seeing men dressed in clothes that accentuate manliness.
Men, women, old, young, all cultures can be equal and not the same. There is a trend lately to homogonize all people into one group called humans and fashion has now led everyone to follow this trend and dress alike. Oddly enough, it is special interest groups kicking up enough fuss to get equality for their causes that has led to the viewpoint that equality and sameness are identical.
I say we should celebrate our differences and instead of trying to follow the current trend or fashion, wear something that says something about you. It could be cultural, spiritual, or anything that makes you stand out from the homogeneous crowd.
I choose to wear a kilt. I'm 16% Irish, so it's a little cultural for me but I mostly wear a kilt because it's more comfortable and healthier than pants or shorts.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog moving day

Hey! New Guy!