I was playing a bit of Facebook poker earlier and an odd thing happened.
A quite pleasant woman seated at the table, (Katherine), told me, I'm taking a trip to your homeland, Scotland."
Her pic was a statue with a bird sitting on the head. For some reason the pic was horizontal.
"I'm not Scottish," I replied. (Online chatting seems to be an exercise in brevity.)
"So, you're a poser!"
I didn't know where to begin to briefly explain that I wasn't a poser, just because I wear a kilt. Frankly, I didn't want to take the time to explain how kilts were evolving from a strictly Scottish garment. How wearing a kilt as a non-Scot didn't make me someone who was pretending to be Scottish, or someone who wanted to be Scottish.
So I simply said, "No. I'm a kiltmaker," which is an easy out for me but what would I have said if I wasn't a kiltmaker?
As she busted out from the table I asked her to add me as a Facebook friend because I wanted to find out why she thought as she did but she had gone.
I did a search for her name, which came up as 'No Matches Found.'
I have several friends who use a different name to play poker than the name on their Facebook profile because there are a lot of nut jobs on Facebook poker.
Apparently, Katherine was using an alias, while calling me a poser.
I just found this encounter odd enough to mention, since I've been kiltmaking all day and had nothing noteworthy to write about.
It often happens that the thing someone complains about is what that person is guilty of doing.

Popular posts from this blog

Hey! New Guy!

Blog moving day