Old Meat

In other words, a few day's worth of beefing.
(Thought I was going a whole different route, didn't you?)

It seems some people think I should have defended 'men's rights' and mentioned that if the genders were reversed in yesterday's blog, the young 'boys' would have been dealt with severely.
Rubbish!
Men and boys have been saying things like that as long as women and girls have been saying things like that, and that's been for as long as there have been people on this planet. The only controversial thing about these comments is the puritanical nature of North American culture.
Men are men and women are women. I'm happy with this arrangement.
Let's move on.

I've been told that while wearing a kilt, I am representing all kilt wearers and should act like a gentleman at all times.
First, I try not to 'act' like anything but the person I am. I have my own personal honour and values.
Second, I don't represent pantsies when wearing pants; why should I represent kilties when wearing kilts?
Let's move on.

"Caring for a wool kilt is difficult."
Well, it's not as easy as poly viscose, but it's easier than some would have you believe. I wash mine in Woolite, in the washing machine. Yes! In the frakkin' machine! Then I brought them upstairs to my apartment to HANG DRY! The Woolite bottle said to lay flat on a towel but that didn't make sense to me, so I hung 'em up. There are a couple of dents where the hangars grabbed the kilts but they ironed out.
When I ironed the pleats, I basted them first, to hold everything in place. When I removed the basting, I could see thread marks in the wool, so I pressed the kilt again ... and they disappeared in under a minute!
Again, caring for wool kilts is not as easy as poly viscose, but in my opinion, it's preferable to dry cleaning. I just don't like giving my kilt to a stranger's care.
Let's move on.

Oh, wait. That's all I have for now.
Drop by anytime you want some old meat.

Popular posts from this blog

Hey! New Guy!

Blog moving day