A kilt among costumes

There comes a time when kilts are so ingrained in one's everyday life that people don't see it as a costume on you, when it is a natural garment, when you can wear it and forget it. I can spot these guys in a crowd of kilted men.

I was stopped on the way to the bus yesterday evening by a bunch of twenty-something costumed party animals.
"Nice kilt!" I heard from a (pirate?) girl. There wasn't much costume with which to form an opinion of what she was supposed to be. "You're not dressed up for Hallowe'en, are you?"
" No, I wear one everyday."
Turns out she is a highland dancer and attends the same BC Highland games that I do.

I found it refreshing that she could see that I wasn't dressed up for Hallowe'en.

Will a guy in a kilt be thought to be wearing a costume on Hallowe'en? Probably, by some. But some will see the kilt as a garment. So, don't leave the kilt at home when you go out trick or treating.
What better way for people to see a kilt amongst costumes?

Popular posts from this blog

Hey! New Guy!

Blog moving day