3 Reactions

I stopped by Doolin's today to meet with Colin and drop off another couple of kilts and some rugby shirts for the fashion show.
Colin is a tall, trim, good looking guy and one of the managers at Doolin's.
He and I went over some details, then he walked me down from the office to the pub. Seconds after saying our goodbyes, some young, good looking women approached Colin and asked, no begged, if they could take a picture with him. He smiled and said, "of course!"
He was wearing his kilt.
I looked back and laughed because he is so obviously having a good time with his kilt.

I caught the bus home from Doolin's and settled into a seat near the rear doors. There was a group of four teenage girls standing at the doors. I guess there wasn't four seats near enough to each other to suit them.
One of the girls, attractive but with a mean look, wearing painted on jeans and and an open jacket that showed a very low cut, tight tee shirt.
She stared at my kilt for a few seconds, then put a hand on her hip and asked, "why are you wearing a kilt?" in that sneery tone only teenage girls can muster. The tone that says she expects and answer and bloody quick!
I don't mind this question if it's asked politely but I wouldn't let myself be spoken to like that by a big man, let alone an insolent girl.
I answered nonchalantly.
"For the same reason you're wearing that shirt. But when a guy does it, it's called hen teasing."
She got a blank look on her face as she tried to think. When she finally got it some seconds later, she went red and turned to her friends. I couldn't hear what they were whispering about but I'm pretty sure they weren't discussing which tartan I was wearing.
I couldn't help grinning.
"I think it looks great!" smiled a seated lady across the aisle. She was tastefully dressed, in expensive looking clothes.
I smiled back at her.
"Of course you do. You've got class! Is that amber?" She was wearing a nice necklace.

In the movie Prizzi's Honour, Jack Nicholson puts his back to the camera for the most crucial and pivotal point in the movie and acts out the character's dilemma. He acts with his back to the camera and you can see what intense emotions he's going through. Masterful acting!

The girl that spoke to me was as easy to read from the back. She was livid.
The girls got off without incident a few stops before mine. I had a nice chat with the classy lady about amber, mastadon ivory, cave art, and of course, kilts.

Popular posts from this blog

Blog moving day

Hey! New Guy!