Kilts Night Foggy Memories

I got to Doolin's at 6:30 to meet with Rudi of Celtic Empire and Evan, Doolin's General Manager, about the logo to be put on the Sporrans that go with the staff kilts.
Evan kept the Guinesses coming throughout the meeting and we eventually got the Doolin's logo sorted out. (We took our sweet time, though! Doolin's isn't just a great place to get Guinness foam in your moustache; it's a great place to do business with!)
Evan went to work at the bar and Rudi headed home for dinner, leaving me alone for half an hour. Then Toddish MacWong of Gung Haggis Fat Choy showed up with Deb and Bob. We hatched a few world domination plots, had a very tasty dinner, then Todd's allergies were getting way too bad and they left.
Raphael showed up next. We hoisted a few, hatched a few world domination plots, and hoisted a few more.
It looked to be a quiet Kilts Night. Until the brothers Biln arrived.
Devin Biln is one of my long suffering customers, suffering from the Bear Kilts jones. He and his two brothers are young, tall, good looking lads, with beautiful girlfriends who love to dance. They're a lively bunch. They stand out in a crowd because of their height and good looks and, being kilted, it sometimes seems like there's six of them.
(Devin's girlfriend looks like Alanis Morisette's prettier sister and I hope I talked her into modelling a tartan skirt for my site.)
It was about this time I switched to Bushmills in coffee to try and perk myself up.
Things get a little foggy after a while but I remember the whole bar singing along to a few songs, including a few Celtic songs.
I left about 1:30 and caught a cab home.
I can't say enough good things about Doolin's. From the management on down to every staff member I've talked to, Doormen, Waitresses, Bartenders, each one has been cheery and pleasant. I've got a lot of names to learn because I hear, "Hi Bear! How is everything? Is everyone happy?" many times during the night.
Which is the friendly feeling you should have in an Irish Pub.

Popular posts from this blog

Hey! New Guy!

Blog moving day