The Little Things

We always hear about the way women love kilts, the way we get complimented by men and women, the cars honking with thumbs up in the windows, getting whistled at, the gushers, I even heard one story about a guy in a kilt causing a fender bender just by walking down the street!
The opposite side is rarer but we still hear stories of full frontal kilt lifting, guys who make rude comments, women who sneer at your kilt, employers who deny the kilt at work while women go skirted, and guys who yell, "fag!" from speeding cars.
The truth is, the most common reactions to the kilt have to be looked for to be seen. These reactions are the little things that for me, make kilt wearing a daily joy.
Some of the little things are; seeing a reflection in a window of women who stop and look back at you after you've passed each other on the street, guys who nod at me with respect, the, "nice kilt," comment, women that look at you with the dilated pupil smile, teenage boys overheard saying, "see that guy in the kilt? That's cool, man," and people that just say, "hi," as they walk past.
It's a fifteen minute walk to the bus stop from my store. I get at least half of these little reactions every day, going to and from the store.
If I've had one of those days where nothing went right, I'll take a walk up Granville street, or get off the bus at Robson and do some window shopping. In a short time, I'll be feeling better from the good vibes I invariably get.

Popular posts from this blog

Hey! New Guy!

Blog moving day